Taking a break.
Face studies of a revamped art.
Anonymous asked: Hello doll! (OuO)/) I have two questions for you: 1. Have you ever drawn Romano by himself before? Because I know you've drawn him with other people before. (Please correct me if I'm wrong. Only being able to be on the mobile app sucks sometimes because of the limit you have.) 2. Where do you get such beautiful quotes? (If they are quotes. I haven't the slightest idea.) and one more thing: Your art is absolutely gorgeous! I love it so much /)u(\ And thank you for taking the time to answer~
1. I have! I usually drew him wearing his white robes on, whether alone:
or with Feli:
I especially liked portraying Lovi as his religious self rather than his usual short-tempered sweetie self we always see. Thank you for that question. I might do more art of him soon when my research deviates to his path again.^^
2. The quotes are usually taken from the event itself, if not inspired by it. Usually when I wanted to draw an event/a historical personage, I look up quotes connected to them from the internet or from my books, and pick the one that best describes the event or the essence of the event. World Wars, for example, have a lot of memorable quotes, ranging from the allies to the axis, from the civilians to the higher-ups. Lots of quotes, in varying languages, varying feelings and mindsets, inspirational or ironic.
And wow thank you for the compliments. <3 I am terribly flattered and touched that you liked my art a lot. <3
Thank you as well for the nice questions. <3
Anonymous asked: OKAY, can I just gush about how COMPLETELY AMAZING your art is?! Everything I see here is absolutely phenomenal!! FR/UK & FACE are my absolute two favorite ships, & history mixed with them is AH! <3 XD The accuracy of the depictions is astounding! I am saving up to buy the White Christmas doujinshi (hopefully it's still available? o~o) because I can't stand not knowing!! I especially love your portrayals of Francis and Mattie (I think they get a bad wrap D'X ) & AUGH! NEVER STOP!! I LUV IT!! :D
Can I just pap your face and smooch you, sweetie? Because wow thank you very much for all of the compliments and love! I do my best to bring the best I can to people and this just makes me very happy and inspired to do more and never ever stop!
And yes, the doujin is still available upon request! Just email me at email@example.com for more info!
Thank you so much and much love! <3
It was the song they sang as they marched to the trenches. “We’re Here Because We’re Here.” It was sung to the tune of Auld Lang Syne, a sardonic joke sung in full-throated defiance of death. “We’re here because we’re here because we’re here because we’re here.”
But underlying that song there is a question: a question to which the song gives no answer, stark in its simplicity. “Why are we here?”
" But the song that summed up the First World War the best was the simplest one of all."
Says it all really.”
- Horrible Histories: The Frightful First World War
Anonymous asked: Your epic! your art is amazing :D
Thank you very much, sweet anon.~ <3
Last Friday, typhoon Haiyan locally called typhoon Yolanda one of the strongest typhoons ever recorded in history hit the Philippines leaving 20 provinces devastated. An estimated 4 million people were affected. 10,000 deaths were reported as of date. Thousands of families have lost their homes and loved ones. We need all the help we can get. Here’s a condensed list of how you can help and where you can send your donations:
FOR THOSE IN THE PHILIPPINES
- text donations via Globe
- Red Cross and DSWD relief operations (infographic)
- list of ongoing relief operations via Rappler
- donations via ABS-CBN News
- donations via Victory Philippines
- Tulong Kabataan Relief Drive
- relief operations via University of the Philippines
- relief operations via the Department of Education
- pick-up locations for donations via Air 21
- donations via the Philippine Red Cross (including PayPal)
- donations via Global Giving
- donations via Habitat for Humanity
- donations via World Food Programme
- donations via ANCOP Foundation USA
- donations via UNICEF Philippines
- donations via CARE Australia
- donations via Caritas Internationalis
- donations via GMA Network (credit card)
- donations via World Vision
- donations via AmeriCares
- donations via Samaritan’s Purse (Canada)
- donations via Canadian Red Cross (or you can text REDCROSS or ROUGE to 30333 to donate $5)
Another one! OAO)!!!
I’m really grateful for this… thank you! Thank you very much!
This gives me the drive to draw more!
fleurlotus asked: Yes your art is amazing and your one of the first that I've seen that didn't make Canada into an ignored and mocked invisible character. I love Hima's work and Hetalia but I feel that he missed his mark in not putting Canada & Australia in the allied force, especially when Canadians troop been used a shock troopers and the cost of Sommes. Also the fact that the Japanese forces mostly fought Australians and the Chinese.
Thank you… I really did like Mattie that much. I wanted to break the stereotype that were placed on his shoulders by people. Hetalia is supposed to be a light-hearted anime, if not at times, a motivational anime, but I was hoping people wouldn’t dwell on what is provided by it alone. It should serve to push people to learn more about the nations they like and the nations connected to that nation.
Maybe soon I can post more that can enlighten people more about the other characters.
nedercan asked: i wrote that uwu
COME HERE AND LET ME LOVE YOU.
But seriously, thank you very much… <3